Hey hey! I told you guys I decided on a camera recently but I have been too busy using it to actually take pictures of it for the blog. LOL.
Well, here it is! The Olympus OM-D EM-5 Mark II
If you recall, I had an Olympus PEN E-P3 and I was looking for something faster and with better quality. I decided on another Olympus because:
1. I already own several micro 4/3 lenses
2. There are such a great selection of lenses
3. I love the retro style of the camera
4. I loved the size of it (not too bulky and huge but can still get great quality photos)
5. Most people don’t like the complex menus of Olympus cameras but once you get use to it, it’s actually better and allows for much more personalization
Here were some of the main reviews that I read/watched on the camera prior to buying. I literally re-read and re-watched these several times for a period of 3 months prior to actually making the jump to get this camera.
1. The Photoblogger helped me decide between the PEN EP5 and the OMD EM5 II.
2. Stevehuffphoto.com helped me appreciate more what the Mark II can do.
3. Darren Miles gave a very standard and organized video review of the camera.
4. This Chinese guy from DigitalRev TV is not very descriptive but I found his reviews funny… (plus, I liked listening to his British accent)
(Both Darren Miles and DigitalRev TV also have very good reviews on the micro 4/3 lenses)
Anywho, let’s end by sharing some photos with my new love. ^_^ My photos are unedited and shot in .jpg. I recently got Lightroom and will start shooting in RAW if I’m not too lazy to edit and convert my edited photos to .jpg. I am sad that I took so long to decide whether or not to get Photoshop that now it is no longer available as a single purchase. You have to sign up for monthly subscriptions now. 🙁